Ceramic or Titanium Implants?
Nov 14, 2018
The case for Ceramic Implants:
- Biocompatible and metal free.
- White coloured resembling natural teeth and providing better aesthetic results.
- Placed at gum level so they are better preserved.
- Plaque has a very low tendency to adhere on zirconia.
- Very low possibility to cause periimplantitis when properly brushed and cleaned.
- Cannot oxidize or corrode.
- More expensive than titanium implants.
- Studies and research not as extensive as for titanium implants.
Highly successful and proven titanium implants:
- Success rate is high with over 30 years of experience and with extensive studies and research.
- Titanium can oxidize or corrode.
- Grey colouring is possible.
- High rates of periimplantitis, because bacteria attach easier on metal surfaces and are more difficult to clean.
- Autoimmune diseases can possibly be triggered from titanium.
- Cheaper than ceramic.